Friday, March 16, 2012

Taco Parfait

So yesterday my baby girls and I were out shopping for a few hours and it was kinda late when we got home. My boo was already home from work. So I decided to whip up something quick for dinner. Tacos. Well I actually decided this while we were shopping because I knew that I was not gonna feel like putting together an extravagant dinner.

While I was in the store getting the remaining items that I would need to make the tacos, I decided to get nacho ingredients too. You see I make some great nachos using taco seasoning and some other things. Making either tacos or nachos is a very simple thing. The only thing you have to cook is the meat. I usually use ground beef or ground chuck. Yesterday I used ground round. All of these things are beef. The chuck and round just have lower fat content than the beef. If you prefer, you can use ground turkey.

The taco parfaits are basically a combinations of my tacos and nachos.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound package of ground beef, chuck, round, or turkey
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning
  • seasoning salt(optional)
  • onion powder(optional)
  • tomato sauce(optional)
  • shredded cheese
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • lettuce, chopped or shredded
  • sour cream
  • taco sauce
  • tortillia chips, crushed
  • 1 jar of Tostidos cheese dip
Directions:
Cook the ground beef in a large skillet until all traces of pink are gone. Move around with a wooden spoon or a plastic spatula frequently so that the meat will be in small pieces. While the meat is cooking, I prepare the veggies. I chop the tomatoes and lettuce. I also sit the other ingredients out on the counter so that everyone can add what they like. Drain the fat, leaving the meat in the skillet. Pour in the packet of taco seasoning. Add the amount of water that the packet says to add. If desired, pour in half of the can of tomato sauce. Stir until combined well. Heat until it comes to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. At this point, sometimes I add some of the cheese dip to the meat mixture. You can do this if you like.

Now your work is done. Time to enjoy and put everyone else to work. This is how I assemble mine. Place some lettuce on the bottom of your bowl. Next put some tomatoes on top of that. Then add some meat and some shredded cheese. Next add some taco sauce. Then put the sour cream on top of that. Finally add the tortillia chips on the top. If you like and if your bowl is big enough, you can layer the ingredients again. My family and I enjoyed this!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment